I cannot believe that summer is winding down and autumn will soon be upon us. But preppers know to be prepared, so here’s 14 ways to get ready for autumn.
- Get those gutters cleaned
- Check furnace filters
- Trim those bushes
- Clean the fireplace to have it ready for that first chilly night.
- Plants spring blubs, tulips, daffodils, crocus or move the ones you already have.
- Get out your fall & winter throws, wash or air them.
- Ditto with autumn pillows. Have them ready to spread around.
- Stock up on scented candles, pumpkin spice, apple spice, cranberry spice.
- Keep an eye on the night temps and get any indoor plants that have been outside, in.
- Clean your garden and pots of dead plants
- Same with your veggie garden. Clean it out so it’s ready for next year planting.
- Gather recipes for fall & winter soups.
- Give your fridge a good cleaning.
- First chilly day make a pot of stew or chili and enjoy!
Here’s a link for 45 Comforting Stew Recipes & one for 40 Easy Chili Recipes.
Watch for more tips!
Until next time stay prepped & prepared!